Saturday, January 26, 2008

WTF?

Alright, so I got home yesterday and was expected back into work this coming Monday. Well I got a call late afternoon and was asked to call work when I got in. I have no idea who told my boss that I was coming back on Friday, but when I say I am going to be available for Monday, that doesn't mean you can call my house and EXPECT a call back right away. Well unbeknownst to myself, I was placed on MOD rotation at work for Saturday/Sunday. Now for all those that dont know what a MOD is, well its a Manager On Duty. Which means I am at the mercy of a phone and common sense. Well in most cases where I work at, the Phone is my friend.. Common Sense, not so much. So here is what happened...

Saturday 6am:
Boss calls: Can you come into work a little early?
Me: How early is early?
Boss: Well can you come in at 9pm?
Me: My son is being picked up by his Dad at 10, so no.
Boss: Is there any way that I can have you come into work, and bring your son till your ex can come get him?
Me: No. I will be there at 9. I am DOING you a favor by even coming in at all this weekened.. I am not even supposed to be back till Monday.
Boss: I know and I am sorry that we had to do this.
Me: You are? What would have happened had I said "no" to you about tonight?
Boss: Then we would seriously think about your future with our company.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT? My mother just died. I am still, by company policy, on LEAVE!!!! But out of the goodness of my heart, I came in. I needed the break. My son needed to be with me, and, I needed to be with him, but I also have bills to pay. And my Ex, who is a kick ass father and friend ( when he wants to be ), was cool with keeping our son for one more night.

So I get to work, and Common Sense my friend, and all hell breaks loose. More on that tomorrow. I have to get some paperwork done and tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: